Lemon is an fruit that is utilized a lot in a culinary environment. For example, to season salads, make juices, eating seafood and ever for the candies, but why this fruit is so sour?
Lemon is sour because contains a large amount of citric and malic acids that are responsible for the sour taste of the fruit. Besides, lemon contains a little dose of fructose, which is the sugar present on the fruits who make then sweet.
Even lemon is a sour fruit, and not appetizing, lemon is essential in our diets, because have an huge amount of vitamins and nutrients:
- Calcium: important for bone’s fortification, and for the chemical body reactions too.
- Iron: prevents anemia.
- Potassium: prevents hipertension and cerebral vascular accident.
- Phosphorus: protects against osteoporosis.
- Magnesium: helps to form albumin and combat osteoporosis.
- Sodium: in ideal amounts, favor nerve transmission between neurons.
- Zinc: improve the functioning of the immune system.
- Citric Acid: prevents pneumonia.
- Vitamin C: acts like an powerful antioxidant, helping to further strengthen the immune system.
- Vitamin A: ocular globe nutrition and prevents against infections.
- Vitamin B6: prevents anemia.
- Vitamin B12: formation of the blood cells.
- Vitamin E: prevents prevents the deterioration of the cells.
Lemon is one of our specialties, enter in out website and check. Always stay tuned on our blog, for more news and curiosities.
If you want to know more things about lemon, click here.
Se quiser saber mais coisas sobre o limão, clique aqui.